Accessing Patient Services
Our practice is pleased to offer patients enhanced clinical access to GPs and other healthcare professionals, including:
- 100 clinical appointments per 1000 patients per week
- Patients telephoning our practice will never be asked to call back. (unless the patient chooses to call back e.g. if they want to see a GP or other healthcare professional who is currently on leave)
- We offer an open reception and telephone service from 08:00 – 18:30 from Monday to Friday.
- Patients can make an online booking up to 4 weeks ahead
- Our receptionists are trained in care navigation and signposting and can provided advice about appropriate alternative services such as extended hours hubs
- We regularly review our systems to ensure there are enough appointments to meet patient needs every week
We aim to provide the best access we can for our patients. If you have any questions or suggestions please ask a member of staff or ask to speak to the Senior Administrator.
Consultations with the doctor or nurse are booked at 10 minute intervals and are by appointment only. Therefore, it is very important for you to prioritise your concerns and make another appointment if time runs out and you still have other problems to discuss.
Whenever possible you will see the doctor you are registered with.
Appointments with a doctor can be booked up to 2 weeks in advanced. Appointments with our nurse, healthcare assistant and clinical pharmacist can be booked up to 6 weeks in advanced.
We also offer telephone appointments with the doctors. Please note reception is unable to confirm the exact time the doctor will call you. The doctor will contact you anytime during our opening hours.
Appointments can be booked by coming into reception, over the phone or via our online services. We would encourage patients who need a routine appointment with a GP to book through online services. This is because our appointments slots become available at midnight and therefore can be booked before the practice opens at 08:00.
We offer appointments from 07:30 Monday to Friday, with our healthcare assistant and phelbotomist.
Every Thursday we offer appointments with our nurse and GP's from 18:30 to 20:30.
If you need to see a doctor urgently, please telephone the surgery at 08:00 for a morning appointment or at 13:30 for an afternoon appointment so that we can arrange for you to be seen the same day.
Please note that this may mean you will be required to wait.
The doctors typically see four patients in the surgery in the time it takes for a home visit. For this reason we ask patients to attend if at all possible. If you are genuinely housebound, a home visit may be arranged. Telephone the surgery before 10:30am to speak to the doctor to discuss your request and decide if a home visit is required.
Days of The Week Clinicians Work
- Dr Rachel Charge - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Dr Tatjana Djordjevic - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Ms Elhamaky (Clinical Pharmacist) - Tuesday
- Pauline (Practice Nurse) - Wednesday
- Karen (Health Care Assistant) - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
- Fatema (Phelbotomist) - Monday and Friday
Cancel an Appointment
It is important that you inform the reception staff if you are unable to attend your appointment, this will allow that appointment to be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the Practice that you are unable to attend, you will be sent a letter informing you that you have defaulted from your appointment. Persistent defaulters maybe removed from the list.
You can also complete our appointment cancellation notification request form. This can only be used if your appointment has been arranged for more than 24 hours in advance. (excluding weekends and public holidays). You can also text to cancel your appointment.
Late For Your Appointment
Please attend your appointment on time, if you are late you may not be seen. If you are not seen you will not be able to rearrange your appointment until the next working day-except in the event of an medical emergency that requires immediate attention.
If you require an interpreter to attend with you when you see your Doctor please notify the receptionist and she will arrange this for you.
Text Reminder Service
We have a texting service which allows you to receive confirmation and reminders about your appointments.
To have this service you will need to register by completing a consent form.
Please remember to update your contact details with us when you change address, telephone numbers and email address.
West London Extended Hours Hubs
If you are registered with a local GP you can access evening, weekend and bank holiday GP and Nurse Appointments at West London’s extended hour’s Hubs.
Extended Hours Hubs are staffed by local and experienced GPs and Nurses and offer assessment and treatment for adults and children.
Appointments are available after your registered GP has closed to ensure that patients have access to a GP during week day evenings up to 9pm and weekends when most local practices are closed.
To access the service:
- Call your GP practice and ask for an extended access appointment
- Call NHS 111 and they can book you an appointment at one of the hubs
There are 2 hubs in West London:
St Charles Centre for Health - Integrated Care Centre
Mon – Fri: 18:30 – 21:00
Sat: 08:00 - 20:00
Sun: 14:00 – 20:00
The Violet Melchett Clinic - Integrated Care Centre
30 Flood Walk
Mon – Fri: 18:30 – 21:00
Sat: 08:00 - 16:00
Sun: 08:00 – 14:00
The extended hours hubs will provide the following primary care medical services, as a minimum requirement:
- Clinical assessment, and treatment service to patients presenting with minor injuries and mild to moderate illnesses
- Self-care management information and advice
- Cervical screening and contraceptive services
- Childhood immunisations and vaccinations
- Wound Care
- Ear irrigation
The following services will not be provided by the extended hours hub services:
- Patients who are identified with a potentially life threatening medical condition which is not suitable for primary care management must be immediately and safely transferred to the relevant urgent and emergency care service
- GP appointments relating to test results received
- Long term condition reviews and care plans
- Medication reviews
You will be able to access the HUBs services by asking your registered GP surgery or calling 111.